Village of Canwood, Saskatchewan
Community Home Page
Announcements and Notices
Summer Youth Program
LOOKING FOR A FUNTASTIC WAYTO SPEND THE SUMMER!!!
Youth ages 5 to 12 are invited to attend the FREE Summer Youth Program at the Canwood Public School. The program will begin on Monday, July 11th, and continue through the summer until August 26th, 2016. The program will run Monday to Thursday each week beginning at 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Fridays 9:30 a.m. – 12 Noon. The children will enjoy a morning snack but will require a lunch or make arrangements to leave at noon. See PDF for more info.
Come for half days, whole days, some days or every day! Have fun playing with friends, doing crafts, playing outdoor games, dressing up, nature walks, a trip to the swimming pool and much more!
Our weekly themes will be:
July 11 to 15 – The fun has just begun!
July 18 to 22 – Show biz
July 25 to 29 – Under the sea
August 2 to 5 – Mishaps
August 8 to 12 – When I grow up
August 15 to 19 – Spirit week
August 22 to 26 – A happy ending
The final date to order bricks has been set to August 15, 2016. Order forms can be dropped off at the Village office or the R.M. of Canwood office.
Canwood and Districts Volume II History Book
Limited amounts now available for purchase at the following locations:
RM of Canwood Office
Parkside General Store
Shellbrook Flower Shop
$60 per book
or contact: Barb Benson 306-468-2797
Donna Wyatt 306-468-2830
Shelley Andersen 306-468-2051
Thank you to all who have purchased a book and have made the book a huge success !!!
100th Anniversary "Celebration Cash" Lotto Fundraiser
- Stuart was the winner of the July 15, 2015, $500 Early Bird Draw
- Conrad was the lucky winner of the August 31, 2015, draw of $1,500!
- October 2015 - Louise Person
- November 2015 - Art Young and Dennis Lehman
- December winner of $1,500.00 - Carmen Bartley
- January 2016 - $2,000 Leroy Larsen
- February 2016 - $1,500 Elise & Paulin Beaulac
- March 2016 - $1,500 Cheryl Bartley
- April 2016 - $2,000 was Shelley Andersen.
- May 2016 - $1,500 was Tara Hughes
- June 2016 - $1,500 was Jean Christiansen
See Poster SLGA Regulations stipulate that tickets may only be purchased by Saskatchewan residents.
The last day to purchase tickets was August 27, 2015
Clubs and Organizations
Clubs may submit content for their own page if desired. Contact Village Office.
- Make sure your organizational events are submitted to village office for our Community Calendar.
Please pass along our new website link to friends and family.
- We need photos. If you have good, high resolution shots of the Village and/or events please contact Village Office. Scenic shots are also welcome.
“On Call” Volunteers
Whispering Pine Place (Canwood) (306) 468-2900
Extra volunteers are often needed for the long term care residents on an “on-call” basis, to assist with outings, parties, social gatherings, shopping trips, taking residents to appointments, etc. Shifts: As needed
Friendly Visiting – Whispering Pine Place – Canwood (306) 468-2900
Duties include visiting residents on a one-to-one basis or in small groups, chatting, playing cards, reading, sitting outside with residents, portering residents, taking residents to functions, shopping trips, performing small favors, walking Alzheimer patients, etc.
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily